Wednesday 30 January 2013

Simple review!

So I bought a few products from the Boots' Simple range a couple of weeks ago, and I'm finally getting round to reviewing them! Sorry it's been a while - I've been so busy with university work that the time has completely flown by!

The first thing I bought is the Simple Kind To Skin Hydrating Light Moisturiser. I've been looking for a decent moisturiser for ages since my Body Shop Tea Tree one ran out a few weeks ago. I've always been fussy with them, and my sensitive combination skin doesn't always take well to certain formulas. But I was getting desperate so I opted for something cheap and cheerful - as well as following the advice of my housemate Anna, who said she'd used it before and liked it. At £3.79 it was such a bargain, and naturally I didn't have high expectations from a product with such a low price-tag.

I have to say, this is a great product! It absorbs into my skin instantly, and leaves it feeling lovely and soft. It does seem to work better after I've exfoliated (which is probably true with all moisturisers), but overall it has improved the texture of my pesky T-zone (which is often dry and flaky). I would recommend this product to virtually anyone!

The next thing I bought was the Kind To Eyes Revitalising Eye Roll-on. If you've read my review on the Garnier eye roll-on, you'll know that I struggle with dark under-eye circles. So I bought this in an attempt to improve the appearance of my general eye area. It claims to wake up tired eyes and reduce puffiness due to it's added 'vitamin goodness' etc etc. 
I've been using this product for over two weeks now, and I'm sad to say that it doesn't seem to have made much of a difference. My under-eye circles still remain, and I haven't noticed any improvement in the appearance of the general eye area :( I think I will continue to use it however, as it does give a nice cooling sensation when first applied to skin, which feels refreshing first thing in the morning! But at £4.99, I doubt I will be purchasing it again.

The final thing to add to my Simple collection is the Kind To Eyes Eye Make-up Remover. I have extremely sensitive eyes, which means that most products designed to remove make-up (wipes etc) make them sting like hell and I have to run to the bathroom, tears streaming down my face, to splash some water on them! But with this, I was pleasantly surprised... 
I can put as much as I like on a cotton wool pad, smooth it over the eye area to remove mascara (of which I wear a lot), and it doesn't hurt a bit! It literally just feels like water! It's totally unscented, which is ideal for me, although it may not be for others. I would certainly recommend this product to anyone with uber-sensitive eyes like mine, who want an eye make-up remover that doesn't leave them crying! 

Hope you enjoyed this (rather long) review of the latest Simple products I have acquired. My next post should hopefully be an OOTD, or something else fashion-related. I'll try to not leave it so long this time!

Meanwhile, here's where else you can find me!


See you all next time!

Holly 
xo

2 comments:

  1. I love simple products, especially the moisturizer and the cleanser, oh and toner!

    http://alittlebitunique.blogspot.co.uk/

    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always wanted to try simple porducts out for myself, definitely think I need to pick some up now :) xx

    armariodedanielle.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete